Walk Across Texas is a free program to help people start moving more and establish physical activity as a lifetime habit. Doing Walk Across Texas with people you know is a great way to help you keep going when you feel like quitting. To walk across the state in eight weeks, everyone on a team must walk almost 13 miles each week. If you prefer, you can also register as a solo walker and compete against other solo walkers.
Walk Across Texas is not a walk-a-thon or an event to raise money. While teams do compete to walk across the state first and/or to accumulate the most miles during the eight weeks, the main point is to get moving and keep moving after Walk Across Texas ends.
After Walk Across Texas ends, you can continue walking by yourself to see how long it takes you to walk across the entire state of Texas.
Here is a quick overview of how Walk Across Texas works for groups that will have teams of 8:
- Team Captain volunteers to lead a team
- Captains find 7 others to join his or her team
- Team members complete the Individual Registration Form and turns it in to team captain BEFORE April 27 Kick-off event
- Captain registers on-line and inputs team member details
- Team members can e-mail, phone, or fax their mileage to team captain every Monday (captain’s preference)
- Captains enter their team’s mileage each week
- Captains and their team members walk for 8 weeks
- At the end of 8 weeks walking, Captain enters Wrap-Up information
Walk Across Texas! in Coryell County
- Kick off event is set for Monday, September 12th, at 6:30 pm.
Team Packet for Walk Across Texas 2016
Individual Packet for Walk Across Texas 2016
Complete your registration at the Walk Across Texas website!